Mavic R-SYS SLR Wheelset - 2020
Usually dispatched within 24 hours
6 weekly payments from £182.60 with laybuy
Average connection time 25 secs
Average connection time 25 secs
The R-Sys SLR was created for gran fondo racers and everyone who loves big mountain climbs. It’s the ultimate wheel for the KOM. It’s not only one of the few clincher wheelsets below the 1300g mark, but also the most laterally stiff, with proven strength and durability and superior braking performance.
It features Tracomp technology, which stands for Traction/Compression and combines extremely low weight with high lateral stiffness. This innovative design allows the spoke to work both in traction and compression. These spokes are both round and hollow (tubes) so they won’t buckle when compressed. They are clamped on both ends by a nipple that is bonded to the spoke and directly threaded into the rim on one end and into a ring inside the hub on the other.
We use superlight carbon spokes to save weight and bolster stiffness, since carbon fibers don’t stretch as much as steel or aluminum. The result is a wheel that is 30% stiffer laterally than any other wheel in its weight category.
<>Tracomp also dampens road vibration and adds vertical compliance so you can ride longer with more comfort.
Since this is a true mountain wheelset, we’ve also added Exalith, which improves stopping distance by 20% in wet or dry conditions. The ISM 4D rims are not only superlight (370g), but they also save a few watts in aerodynamics, helping you descend even faster.
ISM 4D works by strategically removing material from the rim for a smooth, rounded superlight profile.
The wheels are fitted with Yksion Pro tires, which offer a perfect balance of grip, rolling resistance and a low weight of only 210g for a 25mm size. The supple 127 TPI casing tires are front and rear specific for added control and rolling efficiency. The R-Sys SLR Wheel-Tire System is available with 23 or 25mm tires.
- Climb faster with the lightest alloy clincher wheel
- New ISM 4D, Exalith 2 rims
- Carbon Tracomp spokes
- Superlight bearings and axles: QRM SL
- Save energy and ride longer with optimal power transfer and efficiency
- Tracomp Superlight spokes balance stiffness and compliance
- Yksion Pro PowerLink rear tire for low rolling resistance
- Descend with confidence, rail through corners
- Taller rim profile for unbeatable lateral stiffness
- Grippy Yksion Pro tires
- Rounder rim profile increases stiffness for sharp handling
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- Super Light sealed cartridge bearings (QRM SL)
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Shape: Tracomp tubular (front and rear non drive side) and straight pull bladed and double butted (rear drive side)
- Material: carbon fiber (front and rear non drive side) and Zicral (rear drive side)
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Count: front 16, rear 20
- Breaker: Front Kevlar, Rear polyamide
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Yksion Pro GripLink (front) & PowerLink (rear)
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 127 TPI
How long will it take to arrive?
Please check the stock availability notice on your item when placing your order. This item is: In stock.
If ordered before 11pm, delivered by courier next working day.
How will I know it has been sent?
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing My Account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from dispatch of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbours to see if a parcel has been left with them, check any outhouses you might have where it may be left if it cannot fit through your letterbox and contact your local sorting office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
If I'm not completely happy with my item?
Please see our returns policy.
There are currently no reviews.
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £100 voucher to spend on ProBikeKit.