Sorry, unfortunately this product is currently out of stock
Other customers purchased instead
Average connection time 25 secs
Average connection time 25 secs
Shimano’s new 105 gives the widest range of road riders the opportunity to ride a groupset that is inspired by professional riders. Whether it is for everyday riding or longer rides & climbs in the weekend.
The new 105 has an 11-speed drivetrain and adopted some key features from Dura-Ace and Ultegra. The 105 has that same light action and defined click engagement like Dura-Ace and Ultegra. Partly because of the polymer coated cables and partly because of the redesigned derailleurs and shift levers. This clearly shows Shimano’s philosophy of system engineering. All parts are individually designed to work together as one groupset. The shift levers have a compact grip which provides more comfort and control during a ride. The lever can be customized for different hand sizes with a 10mm screw type reach adjust. The front derailleur has a longer link arm combined with a new spring mechanism. Also the rear derailleur has a new spring mechanism and cable pitch, which provides robust adjustability.
The iconic four arm crank trickled down from Dura-Ace to the new 105 and gives the best power transfer and balance between stiffness and lightweight. It also has one bolt circle diameter for compact and traditional double chainsets which means one crankarm fits all chainring size. The chainrings are available in 34, 36, 39, 50, 52 and 53 teeth. The 11-speed cassette provides small gear steps that optimize rhythm and cadence control and is available in: 12-25, 11-28, 11-32. The chain is treated with Shimano’s SIL-TEC coating to run smoother and wear longer in all conditions.
Compared to the previous 105 groupset (5700) Shimano made the brake system more efficient and increased brake power with 10%. This is mainly due to the new symmetrical dual-pivot brake caliper. The brakes are compatible up to 28c tires and also available in a direct mount version (BR-5810).
The Shimano 105 5800 cassette is a high performance road cassette with hyperglide EV sprockets that have a computer designed tooth configuration.
These have contoured shift gates, resulting in a crisp smooth shift even under load
- High performance HG-EV 11-speed 105 Road cassette
- Close ratio gearing allows a more efficient use of energy through finer cadence control
- Largest sprockets are mounted on a lightweight alloy carrier to reduce weight and increase rigidity
- Sprockets are cut away and drilled to further reduce weight without reducing rigidity
- Nickel-plated finish offers hard wearing resistance to corrosion
- Pearl-bright steel cassette lockring
- For Super Narrow 11-speed HG-X chains
Shimano 5800 11 speed Chain, 116 link. This new 11-speed chain uses previous years Dura Ace technology and Shimano's low friction surface treatment Sil-Tec, to reduce friction.
Top Features of the Shimano 105 5800 Chain
- 11 Speed
- Sil-tec technology
Shimano 105 double chainset, a Lightweight HollowTech II 105 11-speed chainset. HollowTech II allows the bottom bracket bearings to be spaced wider apart, enabling the use of larger bearings and an increased axle diameter.
Top Features of the Shimano 105 5800 Chainset. ( Bottom bracket is BSA threaded english standard )
- Innovative HollowTech forged and anodised aluminium crank arms utilise a hollow design that minimises flex and keeps the weight low
- The chainring teeth have been developed to work in conjunction with HG-X 11-speed chains for increased contact to provide greater efficiency and improved power transfer
- Can be used with Shimano external or press-fit bottom brackets
- The system allows for easier installation, adjustment, and maintenance
- Lightweight anodised SG-X aluminium chainrings for smooth and precise shifting
Shimano 105 5800 STI levers, feature ergonomically designed 11 speed 105 dual control levers. These levers come complete Polymer coated cables and silicon greased outer casing.
Top Features of the Shimano 105 5800 STI Shifters
- Slim ergonomically designed 11-speed 105 Dual Control Levers
- Ergonomic short shift arc follows natural hand movement with inward shift stroke distance reduced for rapid and precise gear changes
- Brake lever pivots have been positioned to increase power and improve ergonomics when riding on the hoods
- Tuneable reach adjusters enable custom fitment for all hands up to 10 mm
- Comes complete Polymer coated cables and silicon greased outer casing to further reduce shift friction and increase service life
- To be used in conjunction with either FD-5800 or FD-6800
Shimano 105 5800 Brake Calliper - This Dual pivot calliper brake is the racers' choice, 105 brake callipers come in a compact and lightweight design for high performance.
Top Features of the Shimano 105 5800 Brake Calliper
- Must be used in conjunction with ST-5800, ST-6800 or ST-9000 STIs for correct leverage ratio
- Enhanced brake arch proportions give a quicker linear response and increased power
- Dual-pivot calliper brake with super SLR-EV design for quick linear response, increased rigidity and improved braking power
- Low profile outer cable stop position improves cable routing for reduced friction
- Cartridge brake shoes for easy replacement
- Convex washers on the brake shoes offer toe-in brake adjustment and easy alignment
- Lightweight aluminium construction, with an anodised finish to preserve the good looks
- Compatible with 28c tyres
- 49 mm drop
The Shimano 105 5800 Rear Dérailleur gives awesome shifting under all conditions. Increase rigidity and reliable long term quality with this 11 speed 105 short cage rear dérailleur.
Top Features of the Shimano 105 5800 Rear Derailleur
- 11-speed 105 rear dérailleur short cage
- Advanced Wide Link design increases rigidity and shifting performance
- Super stiff for fast and accurate changes across the cassette
- Large 11 tooth pulleys increase service life and reduce noise
- Super light shift action
- Compatible with 11-speed drive trains
- Maximum low sprocket 23-28T with double chainset
- Maximum front difference 16T, total capacity 33T
- Average weight 232 grams
The Shimano 105 5800 front dérailleur is a wide link design, double front dérailleur for increased rigidity and improved shifting response. Made for use with 11 speed drive trains.
Top Features of the Shimano 105 5800 Braze-On Front Derailleur (BSA threaded english standard )
- For use with 11 speed shifters only for optimum shifting performance
- Wide inner link increased rigidity and takes front shifting performance to a new level, especially under heavy load
- Long pull arm for light action spring reduces effort required to actuate shifts
- Compatible with 46-53 tooth outer ring
- Maximum capacity of 16 tooth difference between inner and outer rings
- The aluminium parts are coated to resist corrosion and maintain their great looks
Can’t find the spec you want? Contact our Customer Services team and we will do our best to source the exact spec you would like.
How long will it take to arrive?
Please check the stock availability notice on your item when placing your order. This item is: .
How will I know it has been sent?
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing My Account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from dispatch of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbours to see if a parcel has been left with them, check any outhouses you might have where it may be left if it cannot fit through your letterbox and contact your local sorting office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
If I'm not completely happy with my item?
Please see our returns policy.
Top Customer Reviews
Where reviews refer to foods or cosmetic products, results may vary from person to person. Customer reviews are independent and do not represent the views of The Hut Group.
Shimano 105 group set
Bought for my new bike build as i had original 105 on my old bike. If you are thinking of upgrading from an old set or swapping to Shimano DO IT!!!! The new brake levers are fantastic much better shape than my very old ones. everything else just works really well, and the Black looks great on my new Titanium frame.
5800 group set
Good price bad packaging. Shifter cable seriously kinked. 1 instruction page used for wrapping each item all brake installation instructions. Bottom bracket didn't come with 41-44mm plastic shimano adapter. Will need new special socket from Park tool bbt69 to torque the new bbr60 bottom bracket. The 5800 is all quality. I can't see any difference from Ultegra except price. No brainer buy.
The new G/set has made my older Bike into a new bike. It came with all that was discribed and I was able to install myself. Good price, great quality.
Almost ready to ride on my new bike.Thanks
Good Groupset, but slightly below expectations
This group set is a great set. Perfect for an upgrade to my older bike. Only negative in the groupset is a lack of a tool to tighten the crank lock nut, requiring an additional purchase and weekend scramble to find. Strange given that a tool for tightening the bottom bracket bearing was included. The only other small negative in the purchase was that no hubs were included. This is probably my fault, as all the other sets I had looked at on the site, 105 and others, had included hubs, and I had expected this set to include them. Not that I really needed the hubs, but as it was an upgrade from 9 speed set, I would have put the freehub to use. Overall very satisfied with the product and the service.
Thank you so much for such fast and smooth transaction. The package was in perfect condition. Great quality!
105 group set
A very good investment and upgrade for any road bike.
Absolutely hands down the best investment for my bike I have purchased over the internet. I had my doubts over if I should purchase the Ultegra 6800 or even the Force 22 however, so many reviews boasted about the new 105s ability. Add to this the amazing price Pro Bike Kit sold it for and I haven't looked back. Seriously, if you're looking for an excellent valued upgrade for your bike, have a look at the 5800.