Light and aerodynamic, the Cosmic Carbone Ultimate is the Wheel-Tyre System to beat for aerodynamic wheels. The Wheel-Tyre System chosen most often by Pro Tour teams.
This wheel has demonstrated its world class performance with prestigious results: UCI world champion, Tour de France Polka Dot jersey, victories on many Classics. This Wheel-Tyre System can do it all.
- SSC Wheel-Tyre System: the pros choice - Optimized Wheel-Tyre System: GripLink / PowerLink Distinctive black reflective - SSC graphics
- Extremely light (1185g) and amazingly aerodynamic - Monobloc full carbon construction Aero all over: 40 mm elliptical rim sidewalls, profiled spokes and hubs
- The stiffest carbon Wheel-Tyre System on the market - 40 mm deep rim profile, no spoke drilling Asymmetrical rear rim profile 100% carbon spokes
- QRM+ - Qualité de Roulements Mavic + Mavic's most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and topped with a micro-adjustability system.
- FTS-L - Force Transfer System Light. Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminium hub body.
- R2R - Lighter, stiffer, stronger. Rim to Rim. R2R spokes consists in a unique spoke that travel from one side of the rim to the other through the hub, which cuts spoke count by 2, resulting in only 1 spoke instead of 2.
- GripLink - Provides grip and control. A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip.
- PowerLink - Low rolling resistance. A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear wheel use, by minimizing the rolling resistance
- TgMAX - Maximum Glass Transition Temperature. TgMAX technology consists in laying up several types of high technology resins, then fixing them using a proprietary heat treatment process to achieve the highest possible resistance to braking heat.
- Count: 20 front and rear
- Nipples: brass, ABS
- Material: unidirectional carbon fibre
- Shape: R2R
- Lacing: crossed 2 front and rear drive side, radial non drive side
- Dimension: 28"-23
- Breaker: Strong Nylon
- Link: GripLink
- Link: PowerLink
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 210 TPI
- Yksion Pro Tubular Griplink (front) and Powerlink (rear) - 230 g
- Max. Pressure: 11 bar / 160 psi
- Computer magnet (front wheel)
- User guide
- Valve extender
- Carbon brake pads
- Multifunction adjustment wrench
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: tubular
- Recommended tyre sizes: 19 to 28 mm
- Material: 100% woven 12K carbon fibre
- Drilling: no holes, spokes moulded to the rim
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Rear body: aluminium
- Axle material: aluminium
- Front body: Front 100% carbon
- Weight front : 520 grams
- Weight pair : 1185 grams
- Weight pair wheel-tyre system : 1645 grams
- Weight front wheel-tyre system : 750 grams
- Weight rear wheel-tyre system : 665 grams
- Weight Rear WTS : 895 grams