New in at PBK headquarters this week is the range of clothing from Hincapie USA. The current American Road Race Champion sure knows a thing or two about cycling and the clothing needed to succeed and enjoy every ride. The tag-line of the company is “style in motion” and I thought that the best item we’ve seen so far to do this is the Hincapie Gilet.
The Gilet is light, very packable and full of neat details. George’s love of cycling and the sport in general led him to found Hincapie clothing. It’s been going for a few years now and after the success of the BMC Team Kit we thought it wise to offer this range and our first impressions are brilliant.
- On an unpredictable day a Gilet easily makes the difference between a pleasant warm ride and a cold, wet miserable slog home.
- This one is made of a very light fabric which easily folds up small enough to fit into a jersey pocket.
- The waist, arm holes and collar are all lined with a fleecy fabric for a snug fit.
- The zip is sturdy and the side pocket handy to put keys in etc.
- The fabric is transparent enough to show your race number through it.
- Reflective logos for safety at dusk.
- The high collar keeps draughts and rain out.
Our entire range of Hincapie is available today and caters for those living in the northern and southern hemisphere. Everything from warmers, booties and gloves to bib shorts and jerseys are here. What makes the range stand out from the rest are those little details which are invaluable when out riding and could only have been thought of by a cyclist.