The all new Garmin Edge 20 and 25 – The smallest GPS cycle computer in the world!
At a minute 4.0 x 4.2 x 1.7 cm it’s not much bigger than the quarter turn mount it comes with. So it fits very neatly on any bike and doesn’t get in the way. It has an easy to read black and white screen that shows up to three data fields at a time and has easy to use buttons on the side of the unit like the Edge 500 did. This new model basically replaces the Edge 200 which is now a discontinued model but has the Bluetooth and ant + Features which the edge 200 did not have. It is not only small and light, it has many features of the 520 and records up to 10 rides of data at a time.
The Technical Specifications:
- Physical dimensions: 4.0 x 4.2 x 1.7cm
- Display size: W: 2.3 x H: 2.3cm
- Display resolution: 128 x 160 pixels
- Weight: 0.9oz / (25g)
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: Up to 10 hours
- Water rating: IPX7
- High-sensitivity receiver
- History: up to 10 rides
- Virtual Partner technology: race against a digital person)
- Compete against previous activities
- Auto Pause technology pauses and resumes timer based on speed
- Auto Lap technology
- Auto Scroll cycles through data pages during workout
- Time/distance alerts trigger alarms when you reach goals
- Customisable screens
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyse, categorise and share data
Although it is small and cannot show as much data as maybe some of the bigger devices like the Garmin Edge 520,810, and 1000, it does have the auto scroll feature so you are able to view all of your data fields at some point throughout the timed scroll if you require this.
As the edge 25 has ant + compatibility this enables you to connect it to your smart device via Bluetooth, including HRM, cadence/speed sensors etc and is all ready to view via the live tracking app, so your friends and family can see your exact location at any point if you so wish. Whereas the Edge 20 does not have ant+ and also has to be plugged in via usb to your computer to view your data.
The added bonus is that both units have the breadcrumb navigation feature like the Edge 200 did so you are able to create courses via the Garmin connect website to use as navigation and explore new roads and trails, the course feature also has the Garmin connect segments which is a useful tool so you know when a climb is approaching.
Take a look at the video to see the Edge 20/25 features.
The Garmin Edge 25 is a well-rounded computer and has many of the features of the 520 bit is more simple and half the weight, size and price! The 520 does feature a colour touchscreen, Live Strava segments, advanced navigation, custom workouts and is power compatible.
The Garmin Edge 20 is the ideal computer for someone who wants a no frills cycle computer that does the job without any fuss. It is user friendly and wont break the bank balance.
What’s in the box?
- Edge 25 or 20 Unit (depending on what you choose)
- Standard quarter turn mount.
- Charging/data cradle
- Instruction Manuals
Both units are very affordable so you can still enjoy the benefits of a top of the range cycle computer without it costing and arm and a leg.